Antipasto (pasta) Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- rotini pasta (or other spiral pasta)
- 1/2 bottle
- olive garden italian salad dressing (i get at sam's) or other light italian dressing
- 1 c
- hard salami, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 lb
- boiled ham, cut into bite size chunks
- green pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- red pepper, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 bunch
- fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 3/4 c
- mozzerella cheese, cut into bite size chunks
- 3/4 c
- provolone cheese, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 c
- asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- green olives, cut into bite size chunks (optional)
- 1/4 c
- blac olives, remove the seed and cut into bite size pieces
1Cook pasta according to package directions until firm (around 9 minutes) Drain and let cool completely.
2While the pasta is cooking and cooling down, begin chopping all your veggies, meats, and cheeses. (also grate the asiago cheese). **Note, i leave olives whole and place in a separate bowl and let my guest put in salad if they want them**
3Combine all ingredients(except dressing) into a large bowl with a top that seals completely. Season with salt and pepper. close lid. Can prepare the night before and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
4Right before serving, mix well with dressing. This makes a wonderful lunch with some garlic bread or Italian bread and butter.
5NOTE-I went to my local grocery store deli and asked them to cut the "square loaf of boiled ham" and asked them to cut it as thick as they could. She told me #10 is the thickest cut (I think 1 slab was right at a pound-just have them weigh it) Also, I got my salami from Harry and David.