SLICED SLAW WITH BACON -- BONNIE'S
The photo is my own, and so is this humble recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small head cabbage, thinly sliced with knife
- cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- cup green or red pepper, small dice
- slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- tablespoons good mayonnaise
- tablespoons white vinegar
- tablespoon white sugar
- teaspoon salt
1Slice the cabbage very thin with a sharp knife. You will catch on to the technique as you slice. Discard the white core, using the green part of the cabbage as much as possible. Chop all the vegetables and add to the cabbage, then add the dressing, and gently mix until the cabbage is covered. Refrigerate for 4 or 5 hours before serving. Just before serving, add the crisp bacon crumbles and toss. Enjoy!