Our family loves shrimp. We tasted some slaw that had shrimp in it but it was very bland. I came up with this recipe to kick it up a notch or two. Hope you enjoy.
★★★★★ 1 vote
- 1 lb
- bag coleslaw (cabbage & carrots)
- 1-2 lb
- cooked & cleaned shrimp (small to medium)
- 1 c
- chopped bell peppers (green, red or both)
- 1 bunch
- green onions (all of the white & 3/4 of the green tops
- 1 c
- mayonnaise (i use kraft fat free)
- 4 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- tony cachere's seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- prepared horseradish
1Clean cooked shrimp & break in half if large. Chop bell peppers and green onions. In large bowl combine slaw, shrimp, peppers and onions.
2In seperate bowl make dressing, stirring until well blended. Pour over salad (a little at a time - you will not need all the dressing). Put just enough dressing to coat the salad, the rest of the dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for later use. Refrigerate the salad until ready to serve.
3Note: I have the grocer steam my shrimp with cajun spice (it's free) while I shop.