Salade de Chou Rouge
(Red Cabbage Salad) From DairyFreeSwitzerland.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 small
- head of red cabbage, core removed
- apples, unpeeled and diced small *or* you can sub grape halves (red or green), blueberries, strawberries or cherries (in season fruit!)
- 1/2 c
- raisins, dark or golden
- 1 large
- shallot, peeled and minced
- lettuce (optional)
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp
- mustard (not specified)
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
1Prepare the dressing in a non-reactive prep bowl. Set aside.
2Coarsely shred the cabbage and place in a bowl.
3Stir in the apples (or other current seasonal fruit), raisins and shallots.
4Stir in the dressing and toss to coat well.
5If desired, serve the cabbage over greens.The salad tastes best the same day it is prepared.