Pretty & Awesome, Layered Salad !
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- mixed salad greens
- yellow bell pepper chopped
- frozen peas thawed
- purple onion chopped
- tomato seeded and chopped
- cucumber sliced length wise then sliced
- fresh brocolli chopped
- boiled eggs sliced (used yellow if you want)
- celery stalks sliced
- crab meat (artificial), shrimp,or ham chopped if allergic
- mayonaise (lf or ff if you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp
- white sugar or splenda
- cajun seasoning (i use slap ya momma)
- 4 c
- sharp shredded cheese
- 6 slice
- bacon cooked very crisp crumbled
1Layer above ingredients in glass bowl being sure to have enough of first 9 ingredients to make a full layer to fit in your size bowl. It should look very attractive from the outside. I slice or chop or cut mine rather large so they are forkable and viewable.
2Place the meat you choose on top of vegetables.
3Spread with enough MAYONAISE (not salad dressing) to spread 1/2 inch or more making a full layer.
4sprinkle sugar or splenda on top of mayonaise .
5sprinkle cajun seasoning as much as you like on top of this (I use a liberal amount but you can still see through it)
6put all cheese on top (this is home grated cheese not out of bag)
7sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
8cover and refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving but over night is even better !