Best Cole Slaw
I think I finally got it right this time. Family and friends love it. Closest I've come to imitating KFC slaw.
- 1 small head cabbage finely shredded
- 1 grated carrot (med to lrg)
- 1/3 small yellow onion diced very small ( or 4 green onions diced with some of the green stems)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 level tbs white vinegar
- 2 tbs white sugar* (may substitute with 2 - 3 packets of sweet n low )
- 3 heaping tbs mayonnaise ( not salad dressing)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt / pepper to taste
1Add milk , mayo, lemon juice , vinegar and sugar to cabbage, carrot and onion blend. Salt and pepper if desired ... Mix well.
Refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours , stirring a couple of times in between including stirring before serving.
2Note: you can add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like it ... also more or less mayo ... you be the judge.