Sautéed Romaine with Beans and Rice
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 head of romaine lettuce – chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 19 oz. can of beans – drained
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ wedge of lemon – squeezed
- 2 -3 tablespoons – olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of uncooked rice
1Prepare rice as directed
Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and the chopped Romaine. Cover and gently heat the pan for a few minutes until the Romaine is gently wilted.
Add the beans and seasonings and toss.
Plate the rice; add the Romaine, squeeze of lemon and toss.