Purple Lady Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (6-oz) package red raspberry jell-o
- cup boiling water
- (20-oz) can undrained/crushed pineapple
- can of blueberry pie filling
- cup toasted/chopped pecans
- (8-oz) container thawed whipped topping (not light or fat free)
- fresh raspberries, blueberries, & extra whipped topping
1Completely dissolve Jell-O in boiling water; add pineapple w/juice, blueberry pie filling, and pecans...mix thoroughly, chill until thick, but not set (30-40 minutes).
2Fold in whipped topping just until color is all the same (no white streaks), then place into either a *trifle bowl, food-safe decorative bowl, or **13x9-inch glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap, place back into refrigerator for 3-4 (or more) hours. If you wish to add garnish, spread extra whipped topping on Purple Lady salad just before serving, and add fresh berries on top.
3If there are leftovers (which rarely happens at our parties), keep covered/refrigerated. You would most likely need to finish eating it in the next day or so.
* We do "buffet-style" a lot, so this salad usually gets placed in a trifle or other decorative-type glass bowl.
** If using a 13x9-inch glass dish, you may want to cut salad into single serving square portions, then place each portion on top large piece of lettuce (I like red-leaf) and set it on a salad plate as a side item for each member at the dinner table.