Easy Layered Strawberry Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- box strawberry jello
- 1 cup
- boiling water
- 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries
- one lb. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 medium
- bananas, mashed
- 1 cup
- coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 pint
- sour cream (1 cup)
- 8 oz
- pkg cream cheese, less if preferred
- 8 oz cool whip, or cream for whipping
- whole strawberries for garnish is desired
1Dissolve jello in hot water. Fold in strawberries and juice, pineapple,bananas and nuts.
2Pour 1/2 jello mixture into a 12x8x2 inch dish and refrigerate till firm.
3Spread with sour cream and cream cheese mixture on top of firm jello. Gently spoon other half of jello mixture over cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with dollop of whipped cream with sprinkle of chopped nut meats. Can top with whole strawberry , just for the heck of it. Cut into squares to serve.