This is it - Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwich
Found recipe on food.com / photo from yummly
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- plain croissants
- 3 c
- cubed or shredded poached cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 c
- grapes, seedless red, sliced in half
- diced green onions
- stalks celery, diced
- fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3/4-1 c
- mayonnaise or 3/4-1 cup miracle whip
- 1/2 c
- roughly chopped cashews (or sliced almonds if you prefer)
- 2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf, to dress the sandwiches
- havarti cheese, to dress the sandwiches
1Mix mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil together till well incorporated.
Fold in chicken, grapes, cashews,celery,and onions.
Halve the croissants (you may wish to slightly toast them, I do not like them toasted) and layer with salad, lettuce, and cheese if you wish.
Serve immediately or chill for a couple of hours before adding lettuce and cheese.
Time to prepare does not include chicken's cook time.