Parilla Burgers with Grill Roasted Onions and Tomatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb. Lean ground beef
- 1 lg. Yellow onion (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 lg. Red onion (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. Plum tomatoes (halved lengthwise)
- 1/4 C. Coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. Minced fresh or bottled garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 C. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 Squares ciabatta, focaccia or rolls (split and toasted on grill)
1Shape ground beef into four 3/4 inch patties. Brush both sides of onions with oil.
2Place onions on grid over medium, ash covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
3Grill burgers 13 to 15 minutes to medium doneness (160 degrees) until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once.
4Grill tomatoes, cut-side down, 10 minutes or until tender; do not turn.
5Coarsely chop onions and tomatoes; add cilantro and garlic and salt and pepper as desired.
6Top burgers with cheese immediately after removing from grill.
7Serve burgers on toasted ciabatta with grilled vegetables.