Gingerbread House Without the Gingerbread
I was thinking...hummmmmm
Maybe I can use it to replace the gingerbread and decorate it with candy. Saves so much time, no baking, measuring, cutting or gluing!
It's not the ones you can eat but you can have a blast with the kids decorating them. With all the different birdhouses out there I bet you can make many different wonderful looking houses.
After your finished you can spray with a clear lacquer paint then coat with a liquid polyurethane lacquer.
Extras tips & ideas below
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- old bird house
- candies to decorate with
- sturdy board to attach your house on
- white paint, brushes (or a used kitchen sponge)
- elmer's glue
- clear urethane spray, indoor/outdoor (i use minwax helmsman's brand)
- small can of brush on polyurethane fast drying /clear gloss
- ****you don't have to use the polyurethane, it just helps preserve it for next year and keeps the kiddies from eating it!
- ****you will need about 3/4 cup royal icing:
- 3/4 Tbsp
- meringue powder
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- warm water
7After the next day and it's good and dry spray your house and decorations with the urethane spray.
10Tips and ideas:
I have glued a windup music to the board, cut a hole in the door for the key to come out. It plays music!
You can also cut a hole out through the bottom of your base board and put in a tiny light bulb (night light size).