Skin Care Treatments for Changing Weather
Your skin type? well here is how you tell as well as some made from your kitchen recipes to combat problems
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- skin types and recipes to follow
You have normal skin if your skin...
* Appears soft clear and supple * Has uniform texture and pigment * Has few or no blemishes, no oily sheen or dry spots. * Is not overly sensitive to the sun
You have dry skin if... * Your T-zone and cheeks are dry. * Your skin appears taunt, fragile, dull occasional flaking especially on the cheeks. * Your pores are fine. * Lines appear early around the eyes mouth and forehead. * Blemishes are rarely a problem * Extremely sensitive to sun and cold. Note: this skin type can occur at any age but is seen mostly in wonen over 30.
You have oily skin if...
* Has an oily sheen especially in the T-zone * Has enlarged pores especially in the nose, chin and cheek area * Feels soft and supple * Has an acne blemish *Is a combination of oily and dry * Tans easily but seldom burns
Problem skin occurs in all the skin types mentioned above. Problem,
irritated or sensitive skin includes acne, pimples, spots, open pores,
blackheads, excessive redness, eczema, rashes, delicate and fine textured,
and may have patches of reddish veins or flaking skin.
5Below is a general top ten for most skin types
1. Zap blemishes: Tea's tannic acid absorbs oils that lead to blemishes.
Saturate a tea bag in warm water and press on the affected area for about 5
minutes. Rinse, then dab on a some eye redness remover to get the red out.
62. Facial steam: Combine 1 cup fresh rose petals with 2 cups boiling water.
Tent a towel over your head and let steam penetrate face for 10 minutes.
Stay several inches away from the bowl.
73. Homemade exfoliator : Mix 1/8 cup of olive oil and 1 heaping tablespoon
of sea salt. Use on knees and elbows in the shower and rinse off. Pat dry
with a soft towel.
84. Homemade clay mask : Use 100% clay kitty litter (ground to a powder), mix
with water, apply to face, let dry, then rinse. Eye mask--Grate 1/4 of a
apple and a small raw potato and combine. Apply mixture to eyes for 15
minutes, cover your eyes with a warm washcloth and relax with some soothing
95. Homemade toner : In a blender, blend 1 peeled kiwi and 1 and 1/2
teaspoons lime juice. Add an equal amount of water and blend until smooth.
Use a cotton ball to apply to face. Refrigerate any leftover toner in an
106. Seal your pores : Close your pores with a skin tightening all natural
clay or mud mask, or try this recipe: Mix 1 egg white with a few drops of
lemon juice. Using a brush, massage onto clean skin. Leave on for 5 minutes
then rinse with warm water.
117. Chapped lips : Exfoliate your lips by using an old toothbrush and a
menthol based lip balm. Apply lip balm first, then brush gently with the
128. Moisturize your room : To keep skin from drying use humidifiers and keep
the room temperature moderate. Also, get some green plants; they add
moisture to your room!