Make Your Jack-O-Lanterns Last Longer
MAKE YOUR JACK-O-LANTERNS LAST LONGER
|1 qt||water (use fresh water - not from above)|
|2 Tbsp||white vinegar|
Have you considered Holland House
|1 tsp||lemon juice|
Pinched by sueatteberry, and 56 more.
Kimmi Knippel (Sweet_Memories)
Cooked to Perfection
Cullowhee, NC (pop. 6,258)
Member Since Apr 2011
After you scoop out & carve your pumpkin (aka Jack-O-Lantern), dip it in a large container of bleach & water (see above), 1 minute. The bleach will kill bacteria & help your pumpkin stay fresh longer.
Once completely dry, (drain upside down), add vinegar & lemon juice to water. Brush this solution onto your pumpkin to keep it looking fresh for weeks.