~ Pleasing Wedgie Sandwich ~
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 11/2 lb
- deli ham or turkey, thin sliced
- sweet onion, sliced thin, juicy ripe tomato - thin sliced - garden fresh is the best
- 1 small
- head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheese,( i use italian 6 cheese blend) or shred my own mozzarella
- thin pizza crusts. i started making my own and baking them off - or walmart sells pizza dough already packaged.
- forget the mayo, salt and pepper
1Preheat oven to 400
Take the two pizza crusts, and cut each in half, on the cheese side of the crust, I spray with cooking spray, to keep from sticking.
I started making my own pizza dough for these. I oil and sprinkle pan with corn meal. Spread dough as if making a pizza and bake for 10 - 15 min at 400 degree F.
2Arrange meats on the one half, and a hand full of the cheese, spread the cheese over the meat. Put the other half of the crust on just like a sandwich. Bake on a pizza pan for roughly 10-15 min, carefully flip to the other side, and cook an additional 10-15 min till crispy, and cheese is and meat is heated through.
3Remove from oven, take the crust off on the cheese side, add the lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. Cut in half and enjoy. These can be a bit sloppy to eat, you made need a bib..but oh so good!!In my opinion Boboli's crusts are the best for these, they get nice and crispy, yet stay chewy..any thin crust will do, have had to use another, when I couldn't find the Boboli's... The possibilities for this sandwich are endless..
I have made these on the grill also(wrapping in foil)