Hot Turkey Sandwiches
You can of course toss in any other leftovers that you like as well: cranberries, stuffing, other veggies, etc.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- margarine or butter
- 2 small
- carrots, thinly sliced diagonally (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 c
- sliced celery
- 3/4 tsp
- snipped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 can(s)
- (10-1/2 oz) turkey gravy or 1-1/4 cups homemade turkey gravy
- turkey, cooked, sliced or chopped (several pieces of turkey per sandwich)
- french sandwich rolls, split
1In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot margarine, cook carrots, onion, celery, and thyme until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
2Stir in gravy. Heat to boiling. Add turkey. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
3Lightly butter bread, place on a cookie sheet and broil until slightly golden. Place bread on serving plates.
4Divide turkey and gravy mixture evenly among bread slices. (Can top with cheese and broil if you desire.)