Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- turkey, cubed, leftover from Thanksgiving
- 1 c
- carrots, diced
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 8 oz
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c
- celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted for dotting top
- paprika, sweet mild, to taste
1Saute vegetables in butter and olive oil until tender but not brown. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Stir in cooked, cubed turkey.
2Place in a casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes. Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
3Bake, uncovered, 350° for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are browned and casserole is heated through.
4If you have leftover sweet potatoes they are great mixed with the mashed potatoes and spread over the top.