Make sure the scallops are dry when you sear them.
The scallops and shrimp are so flavorful,plain couscous is great with this,I like to cook the couscous in chicken,vegetable or shrimp broth.
I usually buy shell on shrimp and make a quick broth by washing the shells,cover with water and clam juice,1/2 onion,a squeeze of anchovy paste,garlic clove and simmer for 20 mins.You can use this broth for the couscous and the seafood.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c butter,divided
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 lb large sea scallops,seasoned w/salt & pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp,shelled,deveined ,seasoned w/salt & pepper
- 2 t. finely chopped shallots
- 4 t. finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 c clam juice or shrimp stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 t. finely chopped parsley
- cooked couscous or vegetable couscous (see my recipe for vegetable couscous)