FINGER LICKING RIBS IN A FLASH (Pressure Cooker)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) smoked paprika
- 1 cup (250 ml) strained tomatoes (also called passata di pomodoro)
- ¼ cup (50 ml) apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (50 ml) honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp (2 ml) each salt and pepper
- 1.5 kg (about 3 1/2 pounds) pork back ribs
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (optional)
1Add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic to pressure cooker pan along with the smoked paprika, crushed tomato, apple cider vinegar, honey (if using), salt and pepper. Stir to evenly combine. Slice pork into 2 rib portions. Add ribs to pan and toss in sauce to evenly coat.
2Attach lid of pressure cooker and bring to pressure over high heat. Once pressure has been reached, lower the heat to stabilize pressure (as per manufacturers instructions) and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from stove and use natural release method. This will take about 15 minutes.
3Once pressure has released, remove lid and remove ribs from pan onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with finely sliced green onion. Using a spoon or a ladle, remove layer of fat from sauce. Pour sauce into a small bowl to serve along side ribs. If sauce is too thin, allow it to boil for a few minutes to thicken.