Ultimate Ham and Cheese Bake Sandwiches
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 plus 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2Place 4 slices of bread in prepared baking dish. Evenly layer ham over bread. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over ham and top with remaining bread. Spread butter over top of bread.
3Next, in a medium bowl, mix together milk, eggs, mustard, chives, salt and pepper. Evenly pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese. LET SIT 15 MINUTES!!!
4Bake 30-35 minutes, or until egg custard is set and bread is golden. THESE ARE SO GOOD.