Sweet and Sour Spareribs
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lb
- pork spare ribs or babyback ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- chinese black vinegar or regular vinegar
- 1/2 c
- 1 can(s)
- 8 ounces. crushed pineapple
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- chinese chili sauce (optional, only if you want some heat)
- red bell pepper diced (optional)
- sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
1Mix sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, ketchup, pineapple, red pepper, chinese chili sauce and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
2Arrange a layer of ribs in roasting pan, cover with half of pineapple mixture. Repeat Layers.
3Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours in a 350 degree oven.
4Remove from oven, let set for 10 minutes and serve.
5Garnish with green onions. (optional)