Stuffing-Topped Apple Pie Pork Chops
(Old photo by me)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1" thick boneless pork loin chops (if using thinner ones lessen baking time 5-10 minutes depending on thickness)
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- seasoning salt and pepper to taste
- box stovetop pork or chicken stuffing mix
- rounded tablespoon apple pie filling, finely chop apples
- rounded tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (21 oz.) can(s)
- apple pie filling with cinnamon, add a little cinnamon if it doesn't have any or needs more
- more coarse ground pepper
1Make stuffing according to pkg. directions, fold in 1 Tbl. apple pie filling and cheddar, set aside. Pour rest of apple pie filling onto bottom of 13x9 pan (greased.) Sprinkle with a little cinnamon if needed. In hot skillet, lightly brown pork chops (seasoned with seasoning salt and pepper) on both sides. Place pork chops on top of apples. Top each with a mound of stuffing. (I pack it a little to make it look nice, making a tall mound of it.)
Sprinkle lightly with a little coarse ground pepper.
Cover and bake at 350• for 40-45 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer.
(*Porkchops ARE done when just barely light pink in center and juices run clear.)
**When serving, make sure you scoop with a large spatula, getting underneath the chop to get all the pie filling underneath.