Smothered Pork Chops
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- center-cut pork chops, 1-inch thick
- ground cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- tablespoons butter
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour, spread on a plate
- medium green bell peppers, stemmed, cored, and membranes removed, cut into strips
- yellow onions, trimmed, cut lengthwise
- cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 to 3 dashes worcestershire sauce
Add the bell peppers and onions, to the skillet, and saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about half a minute longer. Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet. Add chops to pan and place vegetables on top of pork chops. Pour in the broth and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Cover pan with foil and allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.