scalloped potatoes & ham No cheese needed!
as a foot note. I was going to take a picture after making it tonight.. I served the kids and we ate . I go upstairs to get the camera and by the time I had gotten back downstairs they demolished it..so no pictures :
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 clove
- pressed or minced fine garlic
- chicken bouillon cube
- 1-3 tsp
- cajun seasoning (depending on how much kick you like)
- 3 c
- 6 medium
- potatoes sliced thin (if you have the gadget that makes waffle fries. its great you get little pockets in the taters)
- 1 medium
- onion ( vidalia , sweet onions are great but any onion will work)
- 1 can(s)
- mushroom soup
- worcestershire sauce .. splash
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- ham , cubed into small bite size pieces
1in large deep pan ( I use the deep cast iron) melt butter and add garlic, salt , pepper, cajun spice, bouillon cube. stir in flour to make paste over med heat.
2add @ 1/4 cup of milk to paste to thin then slowly add remaining milk while whisking.. whisk whisk whisk over med high heat ... after smooth allow to cook for about 15 minutes , whisking occasionally .
3once the sauce is thickened , almost gravy like .. add mushroom soup, Worcestershire and mustard stir and continue to cook over low for 2 minutes
4add ham, onion and potatoes to sauce. Stir to coat and pour into buttered baking dish.
5Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. UNCOVER and bake for 15 -20 minutes more or until the taters are soft ( it depends on the thickness of the taters the thinner the shorter the time )
let rest for @ 5 -10 minutes DIG IN!