Salsiccie e Fagioli (Sausage with Beans)
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 clove
- of garlic, skin peeled off
- 8 oz
- italian sausage in casings, mild or hot
- 2 sprig(s)
- fresh rosemary
- 1 can(s)
- 10 ounces, peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 can(s)
- 19 ounces, cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. Saute the garlic and add the sausages and rosemary. Cook for a few minutes, turning the sausages over. Pierce the sausages to allow the fat to drip out and flavour up the dish. Add the tomatoes to the pan. With the back of a wooden spoon, break up the tomatoes into little chunks. Add 1/2 a cup of water and allow to simmer. Then add the beans, salt, and pepper.
2Let cook together for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
3Serve hot with thick crusty bread or polenta! YUM!