ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH APPLES AND CINNAMON
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2-pound boneless pork loin roast
- 2 new york empire or cortland apples, cored, peeled, and sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1Rub pork loin with olive oil, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon each ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.
In a small bowl, stir together the other half of the spices with the wine, honey, lemon juice and apple wedges. Roast pork in shallow pan in a 350 degrees F. oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer) reads 155 degrees F.
Remove from oven, let roast rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, simmer apple mixture in a small saucepan until apples are tender; stir in any pork roast juices. Serve sliced roast with apples and sauce.