Queso Chorizo Stuffed Shells
- 1 lb
- chorizo sausage-casings removed
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 c
- my homemade queso-see my posted recipe for ingredients-or use jarred or your own homemade queso
- 1 can(s)
- ro tel tomatoes with chilies
- 2 jar(s)
- salsa-any brand
- mexican crema-or sour cream
- colby jack-or sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses-shredded
- 1 box
- cooked large shell noodles-drained and cooled
- pickled jalepeno peppers if desired
In a large skillet, brown chorizo and ground beef-drain well and return to pan.
Add in ro tel tomatoes and 1 cup of queso-reserve half a cup.
***at this stage if desired-add jalapenos***
Stir well and remove from heat.
Stuff meat mixture into shells and place in pan on top of salsa.
Top shells with remaining jar of salsa.
Bake covered for 20 mins, uncovered for 15 or until cheeses are bubbling
Enjoy this dish!