Pork loin with cranberries and orange, crock pot
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- one boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and tied at 1 inch intervals, see note
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- one can whole berry cranberry sauce, 14 ounces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- three strips orange zest, trimmed of white pith, 3 inches long each
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1dry pork with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown pork well on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes.
2Stir cranberry sauce, cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, and cinnamon into slow cooker. Nestle browned pork into slow cooker. Cover and cook until pork is tender and registers 140 to 145° instant read thermometer, about four hours on low
3Transfer pork to cutting board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Let liquid settle for five minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon. Discard orange zest. Transfer braising liquid to pan and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove twine from pork, slice into 1/2 inch thick slices and arrange on a serving platter. Spoon 1 cup sauce over meat and serve with remaining sauce.