pizza slab pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- three packages refrigerated pizza dough, 13.8 ounces each
- 8 ounces bulk italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 cup bottled pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 1 cup quartered frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe or kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion
- 2 cups shredded italian blend cheese, 8 ounces
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, 4 ounces
1preheat oven to 375°. Unroll two packages of the pizza dough; lay out on lightly floured surface.
2Press edges of dough together to make one sheet. Roll out dough to sit in a lightly greased 15 x 10" baking pan. Transfer to pan; press dough up sides of pan. Set aside.
3In medium bowl, stir together sausage, spinach, pizza sauce, artichoke hearts, olives, and onion. Spread evenly over crust in pan. Sprinkle evenly with Italian blend cheeses. Unroll the remaining package of pizza dough. Lay pieces over top of cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan over dough pieces.
4Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden, covering with foil the last 10 minutes of baking time if needed, to avoid over Browning.
5Buffalo chicken slab pizza: prepare as directed, except for filling, mix 3 cup shredded cooked chicken, 3/4 cup Buffalo wings sauce, 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, 4 ounces, and 1/2 cup sliced green onions. Substitute shredded Monterey Jack cheese for Italian blend cheeses. Drizzle with 1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing before serving.
6Baked potato slab pizza: prepare as directed, except for filling, stir together one 20 ounce package refrigerated diced potatoes with onions, cooked according to package directions; one 16 ounces jar Alfredo sauce, 8 ounces ground beef, cooked and drained, and six slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumble. Substitute shredded cheddar cheese for the Italian blend cheeses. If desired, top with spoonfuls of sour cream and snipped fresh chives.