Pam's Microwave Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3/4 lb
- lean ground chuck
- 3/4 lb
- lean ground pork (or can use italian sausage, remove casings)
- 3 medium
- green bell peppers, seeded and chopped into 1" chunks
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped into 3/4" pieces
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, roasted garlic flavored
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, italian style
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin or to taste
- 1 pkg
- uncle ben's chicken flavored ready rice (or two cups of cooked rice)
- seasoning salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh (optional)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional but very good)
1Wash and chop peppers and onion, and place into a Ziplock, Zip and Steam microwave steamer bag. (or into a microwave safe bowl with 2 tsp water covered with plastic wrap) and steam on HIGH power for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to sit to finish steaming.
2In a very large microwave safe mixing bow, divide both meats into bite size pieces, microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir to break up clumps and continue to microwave in 2 minute intervals, breaking up clumps if they form, until completely cooked.(This took me about 10minutes total) Remove bowl and pour off any extra fat that accumulated.
3Add steamed veggies, and all other ingredients except rice, lemon juice and mozzarella (if using). Stir together well, making sure the tomato paste is well distributed. Add rice and stir. Taste and adjust salt, pepper and seasonings. Add lemon juice if desired to brighten the taste. Heat to desired temperature in microwave if needed.
4May be served immediately or you may pour into a lagre baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella and either heat in microwave to melt cheese or pop under broiler to melt and brown the cheese.