Sausage Shephards Pie w/a Southern twist
It may not sound interesting, but it taste great.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- sausage (2 rolls)
- 4 can(s)
- cream style corn
- 1 pkg
- small package of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 box
- instant mashed potatoes (or homemade, 6-8 servings)
- 8-10 slice
- american cheese (or walmart brand fiesta cheese)
- chopped onion (diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can(s)
- diced new potatoes (in canned vegetables)
- 3/4 stick
- butter, cold
- 1 1/2 c
- coffee creamer powder
- 2 1/2 qt. deep casserole dish (or the deep aluminum disposable pans)
In a deep skillet (I use my 13" cast iron skillet, it always makes it taste better), melt butter, and brown up diced onions. Once onions are well browned, maybe even almost burnt, add in cream style corn, mixed vegetables, diced new potatoes, 1/2 cup of coffee creamer, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer this mixture on low/med heat, occasionally stirring until it cooks down some.
**Note** Goes great with a sourdough roll or french style roll.