Crock Pot BBQ Sausage & Beef
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- italian sausage links, cut up (make sure the brand you use has no hfcs)
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- med. onion, coarsly chopped
- small green pepper, coarsly chopped
- 2 pt
- chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c
- honey barbecue sauce (i used billy bee brand, which is hfcs-free)
- crushed red pepper (optional)
1Note: The sausage & the BBQ Sauce brands are important. Make sure, as suggested, that what you are using has no HFCS.
2Spray skillet with cooking spray. Brown sausage. Drain.
3Sautee onion & peppers in skillet until just tender.
4Brown ground beef. Drain.
5Combine all meat, onions & peppers in a 4 Qt. crock pot.
6Add chopped tomatoes, BBQ sauce & crushed red pepper to taste.
7Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
8Stir. Serve over cooked rice.