Ciao Bella Mexicali Pork Chops
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 15 oz cans of diced tomotoes plain, or mexican flavor
- 8 oz
- frozen or canned corn (drained)
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c
- rice, white or brown
- 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- a few dashes of hot sauce, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2In a large skillet heat oil and brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
3Drain excess fat from skillet and in the same pan add undrained tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, green chiles, chili powder and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
4Place in a 9" X 13" baking dish. Arrange pork chops on top season with salt and pepper to taste.
5Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until rice is tender and pork is no longer pink.