Cherry berry BBQ sauce
Irisa Raina 9
When using hickory smoke remember a little goes a long way...1/8 of a teaspoon may seem like not a lot but it is…
This is amazing on shrimp and pork
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 – 12 oz can frozen cherry juice “unsweetened “
- 1 can dark pitted cherries “ for pie “ un-drained & chopped
- 1 – 6oz. can tomato paste
- 8 oz fire roasted tomatoes “ un-drained “
- 2 -3 chipotle in adobo chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce from can
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 c honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hickory smoke “ see note”
1This is one of those dump into a pot and cook it till it is so good and thick. You'll want to stir this often so it doesn't burn.
How easy is that?
2After it has cooled, strain and put it in the refrigerator …..or ….if you want it with all the good bits and pieces in it…..keep it like it is….
3This makes 3 – 4 cups depending on how long you cook it…...and if you strain it or not.