BEST tortilla soup
(please note: photo shown is one from online but looks VERY similar).
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- bite sized pork bits
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 14.08 oz
- canned diced tomatos
- jalepeno (de-veined and seeded)
- medium onion
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro (small fist full)
- 3 clove
- zucchini (diced)
- 1 can(s)
- drained pinto beans *optional, as i often make the recipe without beans
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/8 pkg
- angel hair pasta
- 2 c
- mexican cheese (chihuahua or other)
- tortilla chips (crumbled or in small strips)
- 1 or 2
- avocados (sliced on top for garnish)
1Combine chicken broth and pork bits and cook on medium high heat.
2In blender puree: diced tomatos, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalepeno (seeded and de-veined).
After pureed, combine with chicken broth.
3Add to pot: diced zuccini, corn, beans*, and break pasta into small bite sized pieces.
4Simmer soup until zuccinni is soft and pork is cooked through.
5Just before eating in individual bowls,top soup with tortilla chips, small handful of cheese, and squeeze half a lime.