Best Eva---Triple Bean Bake with Bacon!
beans for ALMOST 20 years!!!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 lb. bacon strips, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 can (15.1/2 oz.) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (16oz.) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (no more, no less)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1Let's get started---in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, RESERVING 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
2Next, stir in the remaining ingredients; return bacon to pan. Transfer to a GREASED 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325-degrees for 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated through. UNCOVER
and bake until desired consistency. I usually bake
mine for an additional 15-20 minutes. Psst---this bean bake is REALLY,REALLY GOOD. Try it and tell me what you think!!!