Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta with Zuccini, Hard Salami,Asparagus Tips, Carotts, and Capers in a Creamy Parmesean Sauce.
I adapted it from a recipe by Jeff Smith.
We served it with "To Die for Garlic bread by Rox" from this site, and a nice green salad.
Hope you enjoy
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 bunch
- asparagus, use tips only reserve the rest for soup
- 2 medium
- zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3/4 lb
- hard salami, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 c
- shredded carrots
- 1 c
- whipping cream, divided: 3/4 c, 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- capers chopped
- 1 lb
- whole whear bow tie pasta
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- garnish with chopped chives if desired
- pepper and salt to taste. note the salami is salty so don't over do it or just don't use any.
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch to thicken 1/4 cup of whipping cream to thicken.
1Cut up asparagus, zucchini, salami, and garlic. Bring water up to a boil for the pasta.
2Add olive oil to skillet, heat to medium high. Add garlic and red pepper flakes if using. Cook for 1 minute. Add asparagus,zucchini, carrots, and capers. Cook five minutes. Add salami and turn down to medium and cook for 10 minutes Stirring often.
3Divide the cream. Mix 1/4 cup of cream with 1 T of corn starch. Set aside. Add the remaining 3/4 cups of cream to the salami mixture. Stir well. At this time add black pepper to taste. I like a lot of it.
4Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
5Turn skillet up to high and the cream, cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil to thicken. add the pasta to the skillet. Toss to coat the pasta. Check the seasoning. If needed add salt.
6Just before serving fold in the cheese. Garnish with chopped chives, parsley or extra capers. Enjoy!