Torrey's Beef (or Turkey) Stroganovski
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 stick
- butter (use however much you want)
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil (evoo--hey, it makes it sound healthier)
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- sour cream (ok ok...you can use lite)
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic (start with 2 then add the 3rd to taste)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 tsp
- pick-a-peppa sauce (or a-1 sauce)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste (i like lots)
- 16 oz pkg
- favorite pasta ( i like fusili), cooked and drained
1Brown and drain hamburger (or ground turkey) and set aside.
2In large frying pan, melt butter and saute onions and mushrooms (you can use ANY type of mushrooms--white button, cremini, portobello, shiitake, oyster, chantarelle...or a combo). When they have rendered their juice...pour it off and save it for the sauce.
3Then, add the EVOO to the pan and continue to cook the heck out of the onions/shrooms until they are CARMELIZED. This takes awhile. I'm talking the onions and shrooms need to be cooked all the way down and BROWNED. REALLY brown. Trust me.
4Add the garlic near the end of the mushrooms' cooking time, otherwise it will burn and turn bitter.
5In a saucepan, combine reserved juice from onions/shrooms with condensed soup. Add Worcestershire sauce, Oyster sauce, Pick-A-Peppa sauce, sour cream and salt and pepper. Stir well. Heat until warm, and make sure you stir it well while heating it.
6Add hamburger (or ground turkey) and cooked onions/mushrooms and stir gently until everything is coated.
7Serve over cooked pasta. Goes great with hot sourdough bread on the side--slathered in butter, of course! Come on...life is TOO short to eat alfalfa sprouts and tofu.