Spaghetti with Shallots and Arugula
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 large
- shallots, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lb
- whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 c
- toasted and chopped hazelnuts (almonds, walnuts or pine nuts can be substituted)
- fresh flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- 2-3 c
- arugula, loosely packed, chopped coarsely
- pecorino cheese, grated (we tried grana padano)
1Heat a large skillet over LOW heat with 2 tablespoon olive oil and the butter. Add the shallots and garlic. Season with cracked black pepper. Cook until light caramel in color, 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
2While the shallots cook, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside; keep warm.
3In the same pot, heat up about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the drained spaghetti and about 3/4 of the cooked shallots. Saute for about 5 minutes. Stir in the arugula and cook about 45 seconds but no longer than 1 minute.
4Plate the pasta. Garnish with the reserved shallots, nuts, fresh parsley and cheese.