I remember the first time I made this, I wondered about the basil - it seemed strange to me to add it, but I did anyway - it is a must - don't skip it. Please let me know if you like this as much as I do!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- lasagna noodles
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- cottage cheese, creamed * see note below
- 2 tsp
- dried basil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 can(s)
- (10.75oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine
- 1 c
- (6oz) crab meat
- 1 lb
- cooked salad shrimp (tiny ones)
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
11. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until done according to package directions. Rinse and drain noodles. Set aside.
22. Melt butter or margarine in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese*, egg, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir and heat gently until smooth. Set aside.
33. Check crab meat carefully for cartilage and shell - remove any that you find.
44. In a medium bowl combine soup, milk, and wine. Stir in crab, shrimp, and mushrooms.
55. Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a well-oiled 13 X 9 inch pan. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Spoon half of the soup mixture over the cheese layer.
66. Repeat the layers.
77. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
88. Top with Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses and brown lasagna under the broiler.
99. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. ENJOY!
10* To cream cottage cheese for this recipe, you may combine the cottage cheese and egg in a blender or food processor until it has a smooth consistency.