PiXie's Ditalini Green Pea Summer Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 oz
- ditalini macaroni, cooked, drained-do not rinse.
- 18 oz
- add (frozen) sweet baby green peas to drained pasta, mix well-pasta will defrost peas-.
- 1 large
- add chopped red/purple vidalia onion
- 32 oz
- add real mayonnaise
- 32 oz
- sour cream
- 2/3 oz
- pkg. fresh baby dill, destemmed and mildly chopped, reserve a tbs. for garnish.
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 4 pinch
- course sea salt
- 3 pinch
- coarse black pepper mix well to blend all above ingredients in pasta.
- 8 oz
- colby jack, or peppered jack, or marbled cheddar hard cheese, shredded
- 2 oz
- buttermilk **reserve** to add just before serving after salad has chilled, this will loosen it up again.
1Boil your pasta according to directions on pkg. Do not rinse. Use pasta pot to mix all ingredients in after pasta is cooked. Chill at least 4 hours in refrigerator. Only add the cheese after all other ingredients are blended. Recipes Doubles easily for gatherings and special occasions Just buy twice the amount.