Macaroni & peas
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cut up 1 onion into slices
- 1 & 1/2 lbs of chop meat or ground turkey
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- any size can(i like lg)of peas
- small shredded pieces of lettuce
- 1-2 lbs of ditalini(pasta)
- desired amount of grated cheese
1Start by getting all your ingredients out.You will need 2 large pots.Make sure meat is thawed out completly.Cut onion into slices.If you do not have a non stick pot use cooking spray,not oil(for all the ingredients,not the pasta).
2Saute onions until they are soft & golden.Add chop meat or ground turkey.Make sure it is cooked completly.Add the tomato sauce right into the same pot & stir occasionally.Add pes & at the very end add shredded pieces of lettuce(amount depends on how much you like).Simmer for about 20 minutes.
3About half way through the sauce mixture start to bring a pot of water to a boil.Add desired amount of ditalini & cook until tender.Drain,put the pasta back in the pot,add enough sauce mixture so pasta is not sticking.Dish out into bowls & add desired amount of more sause on top.Add grated cheese on top if desired.