Healthy Italian Meatballs
These have taste and the are perfect in your pasta sauce.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- sweet italian turkey sausage (jennie-o or turkey store brand)
- 1 lb
- ground round or sirlion (some are 98% fat free)
- egg beaten
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk or regular milk
- 1 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, fresh or grated
- 1/2 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1-2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- basil, fresh chopped (can substitute dried)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped (can substitute dried flakes)
- olive oil, extra virgin for frying
1In a large mixing bowl add meat, egg and milk. Mix.
2Add the other ingredients and combine well.
3Roll into meat balls about the size of a walnut or preferred size. Brown lightly in olive oil in a large skillet.
4Transfer to you favorite pasta sauce and simmer for a half hour to and hour.