Chop Suey - American Style!
This recipe feeds a good size crowd, so you might want to cut it in half if you are serving fewer people. You will easily fill to the brim a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
Be sure to cover the casserole with aluminun foil during the baking period leaving a few opened edges so the macatoni doesn't "steam" and become too "mushy".
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- elbow or rotini macaroni cooked al a dent
- 1 1/2 lb
- browned and seasoned hamburger
- 1 large
- can of tomato soup ( undiluted)
- 2 can(s)
- 15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes ( leave juice in one can dump most of second can juice out for another use
- onions, (vidalia or yellow)peeled and chopped
- large green bell pepper ( seeded and chopped)
- garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 2 1/2 c
- fresh celery (diced)
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce ( secret ingredient!!)
- salt and pepper to taste
1Brown gound beef and season with salt and pepper, drain fats
Pre heat oven to 325 degrees
2Using same pan add in with drained hamburg, the chopped vegetables, stewed tomatoes, tomatoe soup ( no water)and all seasonings...let simmer on med low for 10 minutes.
3Cook macaroni to package directions removing from burner 2 minutes earlier than al a dent stage. Strain
4Add simmered sauce to macarioni, combine lightly and fill a large 13 x 9 casserole (sprayed with Pam if you wish)
5Cover with foil ( see my personal note for tip) and bake at 325 for 45 minutes
6Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread...(optional)