Chop Suey - American Style!
This recipe feeds a good size crowd, so you might want to cut it in half if you are serving fewer people. You will easily fill to the brim a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
Be sure to cover the casserole with aluminun foil during the baking period leaving a few opened edges so the macatoni doesn't "steam" and become too "mushy".
- 1 lb
- elbow or rotini macaroni cooked al a dent
- 1 1/2 lb
- browned and seasoned hamburger
- 1 large
- can of tomato soup ( undiluted)
- 2 can(s)
- 15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes ( leave juice in one can dump most of second can juice out for another use
- onions, (vidalia or yellow)peeled and chopped
- large green bell pepper ( seeded and chopped)
- garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 2 1/2 c
- fresh celery (diced)
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce ( secret ingredient!!)
- salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat oven to 325 degrees