Braised Beef and Pasta with Italian Mushroom Sauce
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless beef chuck or shoulder steaks
- 1/2 c
- parmesan reggiano, divided in half
- 4 c
- assorted sliced mushrooms, such as crimimi, shiitaki or oyster (i didn't have these on hand so i used button mushrooms)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 c
- dry red wine (you may use beef broth in its place)
- 1 jar(s)
- (26 ozs) fire-roasted tomato and garlic sauce or other pasta sauce
- 1 pkg
- (12 ozs) fresh fettuccine, cooked
11. Sprinkle beef steaks with salt and pepper; press 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese onto steaks. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; brown steaks. Remove.
22. Spray skillet with cooking spray again; heat over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
33. Add wine; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce. Add steaks; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
44. Carve steaks. Serve beef and 2 cups sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Pass remaining sauce.