Red Pepper Crustless Quiche with Eggplant, Bacon and cheese
- 1 small eggplant, about 1 lb.., cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. place eggplant into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, drizzle with 1 t. oil and cover pan tightly with foil. bake in a 400 oven for 20 minutes or until eggplant is soft, but not mushy.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- cup grated parmesan cheese
- cup minced green onions
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1 jar roasted sweet red pepper, 8 oz., drained and cut into strips
slices. Overlap slices and fill all spaces. Beat together next 7 ingredients
until blended. Stir in red peppers. Place mixture into prepared quiche pan and
bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is browned. Serves 6
for lunch. Note: Entire dish can be assembled earlier in day and baked before
serving. Entire dish can be baked earlier in the day and heated before serving.
Source: Renny Darling