Philly Cheese Sandwiches!
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- medium onions, sliced thin, separated into rings
- 1/2 c
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 12 oz
- **chipped steak (thin sliced eye of round or sirloin top roast)
- **freeze steak before slicing paper thin
- cheese whiz or provolone cheese slices
- hoagie rolls
1Heat oil to medium; add onions and mushrooms (if using). Cook until onion transparent.
2Add steak and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3Lay cheese slices over the meat mixture, or if using Cheese Whiz, melt in microwave.
4Slice hoagies lengthwise. Using a spatula, scoop onto roll with cheese on top. If using Cheese Whiz, ladle it on.
5Close you eyes, and pretend you're in Philadelphia!