Hoppin' Juan (Vegetarian)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-4 c
- cooked texmati rice or long grain white basmati rice (plain long white rice will work)
- 1 1/2 c
- dried black eyed peas, rinsed
- fresh bay leaves
- garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp
- ground chipotle powder
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onions, thinly sliced
- red wine vinegar or lime wedges
- fresh tomato slices
- greens (arugula or spinach leaves probably work best)
- white onion, peeled and diced
- sliced avocados
- fresh chili peppers, sliced or minced
1Cook the rice and set aside.
2While the rice is cooking, prep the ingredients for the rice and bean bowls.
3Season the cooked and drained black-eyed peas with the garlic, salt, chipotle powder and cumin powder. Stir.
4To serve: Arrange greens in a serving bowl, add a scoop of the cooked rice, followed by black-eyed peas and the garnishes.