Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Thousand Island Dressing
I picked this "keeper" out of the Food Network magazine...
I never would have thought to add Thousand Island Dressing to a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich... But boy-o-boy am I ever glad that someone else did!!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- bacon slices ( thick cut maple glazed)
- 2 Tbsp
- slices of sourdough bread or a hearty country white
- 12 oz
- cotswold cheese( aka: double gloucester with chives) or cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- thousand island dressing ( bottled or homemade)
- ***cotswold cheese can be found on line at amazon or in speciality cheese stores. for everyday meals i substitute sharp cheddar, snip a few chives over that and add a few slivers of shaved sweet onion, then the bacon.
1Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels
Wipe off griddle...
Butter one side of all 8 slices of bread
Add 4 slices of bread with butter side down to griddle
Top each bread slice with a quarter of the cheese, and 2 strips of bacon...spread Thousand Island on the inside of each buttered "top" bread and put down dressing side touching bacon.
Flip sandwiches and grill until golden brown
2Delicious paired with a cup of homemade tomato soup!