Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
You can change up the recipe with different kinds of bread-but we love pita bread.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- ground lamb
- 1/2 c
- feta cheese, crumbled, can be low-fat
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp
- dried dill
- 12 oz
- greek yogurt, can be fat-free
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- hot house cucumber, finely chopped
- lemon, juiced
- dried oregano, dill and mint, to taste
- kalamata olives, chopped
- seeded tomatoes, chopped
- onion, chopped
- small pita pockets, can be whole wheat
1Mix burger ingredients and form into 6 equal patties. Be gentle. Season with salt and pepper.
2PLace on hot grill, about 7 minutes per side for medium rare. Longer if you like them more well done.
3Make sauce. Mix yogurt with chopped garlic, cucumber and lemon juice. Add herbs and salt to taste. You can add more lemon if you like a tarter sauce.
4Add 1 burger to each pita pocket and top with onion, tomato and olives. Serve with the tzatziki sauce.